The new Pace Community Center located in the Santa Rosa Sportsplex at 5976 Chumuckla Highway open on August 1, 2012. The new community center fills an unmet need for a public meeting space in Pace, Florida 32571 and will serve as a permanent facility for the Wallace, or Precinct 2, polling site.
The Tuesday, August 14, 2012 primary election will be the first event held at the new center. District 1 Commissioner Jim Williamson and District 3 Commissioner Don Salter worked together to fund the project, with each contributing $347,320 from their respective recreation funds.
Features of the Pace Community Center include:
– Approximately 4,000 sq. ft. building, with an approximately 2,800 sq. ft. event room, 144 sq. ft. office space, and storage area for tables, chairs, cleaning supplies, etc.
– Paved parking on north side of center with access to overflow parking.
– Covered porch on west and north side, to shelter users during inclement weather.
– Approximately 260 sq. ft. kitchen with residential stove, refrigerator, sink, ice machine.
– stainless serving/prep tables.
Ability to expand to the south side if necessary in the future
The community center will be managed by the Santa Rosa County Parks Department and will be available to the public for community and private events, such as weddings, family reunions and birthday parties beginning Wednesday, August 15, 2012. Rental fees range from $20 per hour to $100 for eight hours, $35 for kitchen usage and a $100 refundable security deposit is required. For more information about reserving the Pace Community Center, please contact the Santa Rosa Parks Operations Department at (850) 983-1940.